Summer is finally here! Yay!!! It means we’re going to have 2 months of amazing weather here in Vancouver, lots of BBQ, picnics, ice-cream and lots of outdoor activities! It also means I have to make refreshing dishes because I tend to lose appetite when the temperature is high. I think I’ve had enough greasy and fat food over the year and it’s time to eat healthier!!! I was searching for all kinds of salad recipes online and saw a very mouth watering Korean Chicken Salad at Beyond Kimchee and couldn’t wait to make it something similar to this.
- 1/2 English Cucumber in thin slices
- 2-3 tbsp of crushed toasted sesame seed
- 2 pieces of Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of Black Pepper
- 1tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of sesame salad dressing
- marinade the chicken using the soy sauce, black pepper, sugar, 1/2 tbsp of salt for 30 minutes and steam for 25 minutes.
- Chill the chicken and shred in small pieces by hand.
- Wash the cucumber, cut in thin slices and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of salt and toss the cucumber.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and drain the water.
- In a large bowl, place the Shredded Chicken, Cucumber, Crushed Sesame Seed, Honey and Sesame Salad Dressing and Mix.
- Serve for 2-3.